The Ultimate in Beauty and Protection. A penetrating transparent basecoat in a unique 3 coat system that provides excellent adhesion for premium protection and enhances the wood grain for signature clarity.
- Penetrating Alkyd-Oil Formula generates exellent adhesion as a base coat
- Provides a Mildew-Resistant Finish
- Base coat application in a 3-coat system with 23 Top Coat RE
GENERAL SURFACE PREPARATION: All wood surfaces must be thoroughly clean, dry and free of dirt, grease, grime, mildew, mill glaze and previous coatings before applying 1 Primary Coat RE Wood Finish.
1. Spray all wood surfaces with clean water, completely wetting the wood.
2. Generously apply a cleaning solution of four (4) ounces of 100% powdered Tri-Sodium Phosphate (TSP) or phosphate-free substitute with one (1) quart of liquid bleach and three (3) quarts of water to the wood surfaces with a garden sprayer or a heavy nap roller cover.
3. Let the solution dwell on the wood for 15-20 minutes as you scrub the surface with a hard bristle brush to help remove mill glaze or weathering. Do not allow solution to dry on the wood surface.
4. Power wash cleaning solution from the wood with plenty of clean fresh water using 500-800 psi with the nozzle 8-12 inches from the surface for full effectiveness of the cleaning and to prevent damage to the wood.
5. Allow the surface to dry for 48 hours, or to have a moisture content of 18% or less before finishing.
6. For achieving optimum wood surface porosity and natural uniformity sand all pre-cleaned wood using 80-120 grit sandpaper for vertical surfaces. Always sand in the direction of the wood grain and remove sanding dust.
7. 1 Primary Coat RE Wood Finish should be applied within four weeks for vertical surfaces (siding), provided that the surface remains free of dirt, grease, grime and mildew. Warning! If you scrape, sand or remove old paint, you may release lead dust or fumes. LEAD IS TOXIC. EXPOSURE TO LEAD DUST OR FUMES CAN CAUSE SERIOUS ILLNESS, SUCH AS BRAIN DAMAGE, ESPECIALLY IN CHILDREN, PREGNANT WOMEN SHOULD ALSO AVOID EXPOSURE. Wear a properly fitted, NIOSH-approved respirator and prevent skin contact to control lead exposure. Clean up carefully with a HEPA vacuum and a wet mop. Befor you start, find ou thow to protect yourself and your familiy by contacting the USEPA National Lead Information Hotline at 1-800-0424-LEAD or log on to www.epa.gov/lead. Follow these instructions to control exposure to other hazardous substances that may be released during surface preparation.
APPLICATION: CAUTION: Surfaces are slippery when wet. Use caution when walking on wet surfaces during application. Test wood for absorbency by sprinkling water on the surface – if water is absorbed within 30 seconds – 2 minutes, depending on climate, the surface is ready for finishing. If water is not absorbed, wait 30 days and re-test. 1. Before starting, test your color choice on a small area, applying all coats required. 2. Buy sufficient product for the whole job and intermix all product together before starting to avoid color variance. 3. Stir thoroughly before and periodically during application. 4. Do not thin. 5. Apply when air and surface temperature is between 50° F (10° C) - 90° F (32° C). 6. Do not apply in direct sunlight, if rain, snow, heavy dew or low temperatures below 40° F (4° C) are expected within 48 hours. 7. Brushing is the preferred method of application, using a natural bristle brush, If applied by roller or airless sprayer, back brush immediately to ensure penetration and to avoid an uneven finish. For airless spray, use a .011”-.015” tip at 700 - 800 psi, adjust pressure as needed. 8. Apply one even coat of 1 Primary Coat RE Wood Finish, avoiding heavy application. 9. Allow to dry a minimum of 24 hours. 10. Must be top coated with two coats of 23 Top Coat RE, following label application directions. 11. Apply in the direction of the grain. 12. To avoid lap marks, start at one edge and follow through to the end of each board maintaining a wet edge. 13. Coat all end grains and the back of all boards if possible. 14. Since outdoor furniture and fences are considered to be in a high moisture environment two coats of 1 Primary RE Wood Finish would be your best method of application.
Dries to touch in approximately 12 hours. Dries to recoat in 24 hours additional coat may increase these times. Low temperature, high humidity, thick films or poor ventilation will increase these times. Avoid heavy abrasions immediately following application.
On rough and weathered surfaces, 200-300 sq ft/gallon (5-7 m2/L). On smooth surfaces or hardwoods, 250-350 sq ft/gallon (6-9 m2/L). Actual coverage may vary depending on the type, age and texture of the wood and application method.
Clean tools immediately with mineral spirits. Clean spills right away with a damp cloth.
DANGER! COMBUSTIBLE LIQUID AND VAPOR. HARMFUL OR FATAL IF SWALLOWED. CAUSES RESPIRATORY TRACT AND EYE IRRITATION. MAY CAUSE SKIN IRRITATION. Sanding and grinding dusts may be harmful if inhaled. Inhalation of high concentrations of vapor may affect the central nervous system. Repeated exposure to high vapor concentrations may cause irritation of the respiratory system and permanent brain and nervous system damage. High vapor concentrations can cause headaches, dizziness, drowsiness and nausea and may lead to unconsciousness. Can enter lungs and cause damage. Keep away from heat and flame. Do not breathe vapor or mist. Do not swallow. Avoid contact with eyes. Avoid contact with skin and clothing. Keep container tightly closed and sealed until ready for use. Wash thoroughly after handling. Provide fresh air ventilation during and after application and drying. Avoid the inhalation of dust, particulates, spray or mist arising from the application of this preparation. Use personal protective equipment as required. DANGER - RAGS, STEEL WOOL OR WASTE SOAKED WITH 1 Primary Coat RE WOOD FINISH MAY SPONTANEOUSLY CATCH FIRE IF IMPROPERLY DISCARDED. IMMEDIATELY AFTER EACH USE, PLACE RAGS, STEEL WOOL OR WASTE IN A SEALED WATER-FILLED METAL CONTAINER. Note: These warnings encompass the product series. Prior to use, read and follow product-specific MSDS and label information. FIRST AID: If swallowed, rinse mouth with water (only if the person is conscious). Call physician immediately. Do not induce vomiting unless directed to do so by medical personnel. If in eyes, rinse with water for 15 minutes. Check for and remove any contact lenses. If on skin, rinse well with water. Wash with soap and water. Get medical attention if irritation develops. If inhaled, remove to fresh air. If experiencing respiratory symptoms call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician. Keep out of the reach of children. For workplace use, an MSDS is available from your retailer or by calling (412) 492-5555. EMERGENCY SPILL INFORMATION: (412) 434-4515 (U.S.).
|SIK41005||Toner/Transparent||RM - MATCHED READY MIX||Gallon, 5 Gallon|
|SIK41005C||Toner/Transparent||RM - MATCHED READY MIX||5 Gallon, Quart, 5 Gallon, Quart, Gallon, Gallon|
|SIK41009||Toner/Transparent||RM - MATCHED READY MIX||Gallon|
|SIK41009C||Toner/Transparent||RM - MATCHED READY MIX||Quart, Gallon, Gallon, Quart|
|SIK41020C||Toner/Transparent||RM - MATCHED READY MIX||Quart, Quart|
|SIK41020CC||Toner/Transparent||RM - MATCHED READY MIX||Gallon, Gallon|
|SIK41045||Toner/Transparent||RM - MATCHED READY MIX||Gallon|
|SIK41045C||Toner/Transparent||RM - MATCHED READY MIX||Gallon, Quart, Gallon, Quart|
|SIK41072||Toner/Transparent||RM - MATCHED READY MIX||5 Gallon, Gallon|
|SIK41072C||Toner/Transparent||RM - MATCHED READY MIX||5 Gallon, Quart, Quart, Gallon, Gallon|
|SIK41077||Toner/Transparent||RM - MATCHED READY MIX||Gallon, 5 Gallon|
|SIK41077C||Toner/Transparent||RM - MATCHED READY MIX||Quart, 5 Gallon, Gallon, Gallon, 5 Gallon, Quart|
|SIK41078||Toner/Transparent||RM - MATCHED READY MIX||5 Gallon, Gallon|
|SIK41078C||Toner/Transparent||RM - MATCHED READY MIX||Quart, Gallon, 5 Gallon, Gallon, 5 Gallon, Quart|
|SIK41085||Toner/Transparent||RM - MATCHED READY MIX||Gallon, 5 Gallon|
|SIK41085C||Toner/Transparent||RM - MATCHED READY MIX||Gallon, Gallon, Quart, 5 Gallon, 5 Gallon, Quart|
- CARB 2000 SCM
- US National AIM